|Library Media Services|
Deanna Ross, Media Center/LibraryTech 530-251-1243
Welcome to the Lassen Union High School District Library!
Located inside the 700 Building on the ground floor, the Library is here to serve ALL of the students within the LUHS District.
Our hours of operation are from 7:15am to 4:00pm, each school day. (Special circumstances may occur where the Library will be closed for all or part of the day.) The Library is closed when school is closed.
The Library is a great resource and a quiet oasis for your studies. By obeying a few esimple rules, you can maximize your experience and be courteous to others at the same time.
Library Rules to live by:
1. To protect the furniture...No food or drinks (other than water) are allowed inside the Library.
2. To protect the computers...ALL food and drink are off limits in the Library Computer Lab at all times. No exceptions, no warnings.
3. Computer usage:By signing the Consent and Waiver form (also known as the AUP- Acceptable Use Policy for Technology and the Internet) students agree to abide by the District rules and regulations. To that end, we’d like to remind students that chat rooms, games, and music are not acceptable uses of the internet.
4. You may checkout up to 3 items at one time, for up to a three week period and may be renewed as many times as needed.
5. Students MUST present their student ID badge in order to checkout any book or item. (If the student does not have their ID badge with them, the Library will hold their item for 24 hours, allowing the student time to return with their ID badge.)
We have on-line library access that is available to ALL LUHSD students and staff. To use this system, click on this link: LUHSD Library Search or use the link in the menu to the right.
The Library offers a wide range of resources including books, periodicals, magazines, videos and many web links. Frequently used web links are listed to the right for your convenience.
Textbooks are also checked out through the library.
The LUHSD Board of Trustees plays an essential role in ensuring that Lassen Union High School District has the highest quality instructional materials available for students and teachers. All core academic textbooks go through a rigorous acceptance process. Departments review proposed textbooks and make their recommendation to the Board of Trustees. Trustees review the textbooks and then will discuss and adopt the textbooks at an open session of a regular board meeting. Every student has access to their own textbooks and instructional materials to use in class and to take home.
During the course of the year there may be periodic “textbook checks”. This involves every student recording the textbook number from the back of each of their assigned textbooks and relaying this information to the Library. This procedure reduces the amount of lost textbooks over the course of the year, saving the District the cost of replacing textbooks as often. At the end of each school year the Library collects ALL textbooks. Students are responsible for these textbooks while they are checked out. If you have lost or damaged a textbook, please see Deanna Ross in the Library for further information.
Library Fines and Holds:
Our District’s operating budget is largely impacted by lost/damaged textbooks, lost/damaged library books, unusable sports uniforms or unpaid fees, and other unpaid athletic program (i.e.: Cheerleading or Drill team) fees or unusable uniforms.
Unpaid fines and fees also result in being placed on the “Holds” list making students unable to participate in sports, field trips, dance, end of year celebrations, and ultimately graduation activities.
Conjuguemos (Spanish site)
LUHSD Library Search
Susanville Public Library
LUHSD Library FAQs
Research Paper Sites:
Business Letter Format
Perdue Online Writing Lab
Sample MLA Paper
Student Research Guide
College & Job Info Sites:(For more see Counseling)
US News- College Info
Sites to Find Great Books:
More Helpful Sites:
Health & Wellness:
Teen Health and Wellness
Speeches & Poetry:
Martin Luther King Eulogy
Rosa Parks Eulogy
Eulogy for Challenger Astronauts